What makes the Fall season a little better is the comforting warm bowl of soup. What makes it even better? A crunchy, flavourful topping of Pumpkin Spiced Granola that adds a delightful texture and warmth to every spoonful.
In this recipe, we’ll be making a sweet and savoury Butternut Squash Soup topped with our must-try BYOG Pumpkin Spice combo!
- Immersion Blender or regular blender
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 (2 lbs) Butternut Squash
1 carrot, roughly chopped into chunks
1 whole onion, sliced
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable) or water
Salt & Pepper to taste
BYOG Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Oven Roasting: Slice the squash into 4 halves (skin on). Line them up skin side down on a baking sheet along with chopped carrots, sprinkle a dash of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Broil in the oven for 30 - 50 mins.
- Sauté the Aromatics: In a medium pot, heat a dash of olive oil. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent. Then add the garlic until lightly browned.
- Combing Together: Once the squash and carrots are perfectly roasted, scoop the flesh of the squash from the skin. Add the squash and carrots to the pot. Add the broth and let it simmer for 5 - 10 mins or until the squash is fork tender.
- Blend Until Smooth: Put the heat on low and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the soup contents to a regular blender and blend in batches until smooth.
- Seasoning: Return the soup to the pot (if using a regular blender) and stir in the ground cinnamon, turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 5 - 10 mins to allow flavours to meld together.
- Serving: Ladle the soup into individual bowls, top it with our must-try BYOG combo for Pumpkin Spice Granola, and Enjoy!